Pages

Comments are welcome and very much appreciated!

Saturday, March 8, 2014

MFPSpeedy Fox and friends Challenge-Oldies Birthday

Hi all!  Today I bring you the Oldies Birthday challenge 202 from Mark's Finest Papers.  I used the Big Boys Toys stamp set and "Happy Birthday" from the Bring on the Sun set.  My gears are die cut then splattered (using an old toothbrush) with embossing fluid and heat embossed using Paprika embossing powder and heat gun.  I also used embossing fluid around the outside of my truck circle and embossed using vintage copper powder.  The background panel is dry embossed coordination paper, aqua Black Magic, so that when I sanded it the aqua shows through.  I then embossed the edges with the copper as well. I made my truck look even older by adding a rust pattern on the faded aqua paint. Finally, I splattered embossing fluid on the phillips head screw brads then embossed with paprika powder again. I think this makes the perfect old guy birthday card!!
Go visit:
http://marksfinestpapers.blogspot.com/ for more inspiration and to get all the information.


7 comments:

Winnie and Patty said...

Wow Robin--this card is fantastic! I love your rusty old truck. Your trees look so real. Great card! TFS

wannabcre8tive said...

A really cute oldie card, Robin. I love how you made the paint look rusted.

stampingbowd said...

Wow! Gorgeous!!!! I love all your rusty accents! Stunning card!

Pat said...

The gears are awesome. Great embossing job. Love it on the edges.

Kathy Bradley said...

Hi Robin, a late welcome - I've been on sick leave for a time and glad to be back. Your card is wonderful - love the old cards and rust on the truck - perfect!

Stampsnob. said...

Oh Robin this is lovely.......Lis

An'Jenic G. said...

Robin this is a beautiful card. I love the add gears. An'Jenic-