Pages

Comments are welcome and very much appreciated!

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

ODBDSLC196-HUMMERS

This is the 4th Anniversary challenge from Our Daily Bread Designs (ODBD) and the last for this month (it is a two week challenge).  You have until April 1st to join us for this Shining the Light challenge at ODBD.  Use as many ODBD stamps and dies as you can on this last Anniversary challenge.
On my card today, I have used the Canning jar upside down for my Hummingbird feeder.  I used to eyelets at the top and strung my Baker's Twine through it then painted little red and white dots to look like the twine running through the jar.  On the bottom I used two yellow flower eyelets and two red plastic (acetate) flowers to make the feeding holes.  Behind the jar is the Quatrefoil Pattern die over the Bee Balm/Hummingbird paper from ODBD done in an oval.  I used the Decorative Corners die (Crosses) and the Beautiful Borders die on this card as well.
With the Hummingbird stamp I got a reverse image by stamping ink onto an acrylic block then stamping the block onto card stock.  I had to cut this one out as my die is the other direction but I used the die on the other hummingbird.  I also stamped, colored and cut out the Bee Balm at the bottom under the border trim.  The Sentiment scripture is from the Faith set.  The scripture, jar and hummers are all popped up and in fact the right hand hummer is double popped.
I used three different papers from the Blooming Garden paper collection at ODBD.  I felt like I need to balance out the red so I added a red sheer bow at the top left.
Paper: Blooming Gardens paper collection
Stamps: Hummingbird, Faith, Canning Jars, & Bee Balm
Dies: Hummingbird, Beautiful Borders, Decorative Corners, Canning Jars & Quatrefoil Pattern BG.  Also oval nesting dies from Spellbinders.
To see all the creations in one place or join the challenge, click HERE.  For this challenge you may use any stamps but if you have any ODBD stamps we would love to see you use them.  If you participate, you have a change to win the $15 certificate toward ODBD stamps or to be spotlighted for the Shining the Light Award (the Shining the Light Award is only for those who use ODBD stamps).  We would love to see your creations.
For more inspiration, please visit my design team sisters:
"Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; ... Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature"? Matt. 6:25-27

14 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a stunning and beautiful card Robin!! So creative!! I just love how you turned the jar upside down and made it a hummingbird feeder. The hummingbirds are colored and glittered to perfection. Love the sparkle and design my friend.
Have a great day sweet friend!
hugs,
Chris

Becky said...

Beautiful card Robin.. Love the design and those humming birds are dazzling. :)

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Robin, this is so amazingly creative to use the canning car for a hummer feeder filled with sugar water! What a delight! And I am in awe at how you've arranged all the beautiful details with the great ODBD dies and finished it off with the wonderful verse from Ecclesiates! God certainly does make everything beautiful...in His time! Hugs, sweet friend!

Grace said...

Robin I do believe this is the most clever thing I've ever seen!! I love the idea of the mason jar upside down as a hummingbird feeder and I love how you used the little eyelets for the feeding holes! Looks so real! Your layers of work really pop off the page and I especially appreciate all the work that went in to the reverse hummingbird image and all the yummy glitter!!! JUST AWESOME!!!!
hugs,
Grace

Shelia said...

When I saw your card on the ODBD blog, I had to come leave a comment!! Your card is just too sweet! I love how you created the hummingbird feeder! It is absolutely adorable!! Beautiful little hummingbirds too!!

Diana Nguyen said...

So very clever! And those hummingbirds are stunners!!! This is really a work of art and labor of love!

Pamela Haskin said...

Hi Robin,
I love the unique way you used the jar. Such a clever thing. Great card.

alexandra s.m. said...

Love your cards Robin!
Thank you~

DJ Rants said...

Aren't you the creative one!! Gorgeous elements, so exquisitely put together, love it!! Blessings!!

Linda Carson said...

Robin, I salute your creative genius with your use of the jar and reverse hummer!! Fabulous use of all things ODBD! Beautifully colored and beautifully designed! Most excellent artwork!

Alshandra said...

So stunning Robin! Love how creative you are! I thought it funny that we both reversed / mirror stamped this week :-) Great minds think alike! Love everything about this card - gobsmackingly awesome :-)

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a great and beautiful card Robin.

gr karin

DebR said...

This is beautiful Robin. Neat idea what you did with the canning jar! Love all the details.

Kelley said...

Robin, such a great idea, very clever!! Great job!