Pages

Comments are welcome and very much appreciated!

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Heartfelt-Happy Birthday Fold Out Card

Good morning!
It's time once again for some Young At Heart cards.
Both of these cards are Birthday cards for that someone special!
These classics can be colored as restored classics (like some of my friends do in real life!!) or they could be colored to show their real age...like my farmer neighbor.
Well today, my classics are restored because they want to look as young as they feel!!
The Moped reminds me of a Tom Hanks movie.
To see all this week's creations click HERE.






back side

Heartfelt Products:
HCPC-3802   Good Times Sentiments Stamp Set
HCPC-3801   Simply Classic Stamp Set
HCD1-7159   Simply Classic Die
HCD1-7158   Young At Heart Die
HCDP1-283   Young At Heart Paper Collection
HCD1-779    Regal Borders and Pockets Die
HCD1-7121   Elegant Border Basics Die
HCPC-3795   Window Box Fillers Stamp Set
HCD1-7149   Window Box Fillers Die
HCPC-3769   Wildwood Florals Stamp Set
HCD1-7125   Wildwood Florals Die
HCCF1-445-2 6x6 Foldout Cards
ANC818      Go Man Go Prills
352854      Metal Tip
HCST1-401   Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit
31510       Funnel Tray
359848      Spellbinders Tool N'One
1597223     Dries Clear
HCDA1-449   Stack & Store Daubers
TSMP602     Memento Teal Zeal
TSMP103     Cantaloupe
TSMP801     Potters Clay
TSMP604     Summer Sky
TSMP704     New Sprout
TSMP400     Memento Rose Bud

Instructions: Other products: Stickles, Spellbinders die, white card stock, blue card stock.

Instructions:  card size 6" X 7".  This card was very easy because I used the pre-cut foldout card and the car images on the designer paper from the Young At Heart Collection...I just had to die cut them!! I added designer paper to each side of the foldout and cut some grass from other papers in the collection to make ground going all the way through the card when opened. I cut out the fence with the moped from the paper as well.  The only stamping was the Happy Birthday Banner and the sentiment inside die cut with the Spellbinders die.  Well, I actually stamped, die cut and sponged color for the flowers and greenery too.   Once my flowers were formed it was easy to put together.
The borders were die cut from a coordinating blue card stock.


Flip Fold Insert Card-You're A Classic







Heartfelt-You're a Classic

Heartfelt Products:
HCPC-3800   Young At Heart Stamp Set
HCPC-3802   Good Times Sentiments Stamp Set
HCPC-3801   Simply Classic Stamp Set
HCD1-7158   Young At Heart Die
HCD1-7159   Simply Classic Die
HCDP1-283   Young At Heart Paper Collection
HCPC-3777   Palm Tree & Monkeys Stamp Set
HCD1-7132   Palm Tree & Monkeys Die
HCD1-783    Border Essentials Die
HCD1-780    Ornate Borders and Pockets Die
HCD1-7118   Delicate Border Basics Die
HCPC-3795   Window Box Fillers Stamp Set
HCD1-7149   Window Box Fillers Die
HCD1-7156   Small Oval Die
HCD1-7157   Large Oval Die
HCFP1-434-2 Pocket & Flipfold Insert B
ANC818      Go Man Go Prills
352854      Metal Tip
HCST1-401   Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit
31510       Funnel Tray
359848      Spellbinders Tool N'One
1597223     Dries Clear
HCDA1-449   Stack & Store Daubers
TSMP602     Memento Teal Zeal
TSMP103     Cantaloupe
TSMP801     Potters Clay
TSMP604     Summer Sky
TSMP704     New Sprout

Instructions: Other products: White card stock, Stickles, ribbon, 3M foam tape, Copic Markers: G82,YG61,YG63,BG000,BG11,BG32,BG34,C01,C03,C05,B01,B02 Y32,Y15,YR65,YR15,YR02,E95,E97,W01,W03,W05,E42,E43,E44

Instructions: card size is 6 1/4" X 6".  Fold the insert (6 1/4" X 13") and make a 3/4" score at the top of the large back panel then add a  5 1/2" X 6 1/4" piece of white card stock to the score to make a back for the card so that it stands up-right. Cut paper from the Young At Heart designer paper to fit each layer and glue in place then glue the front, shorter fold up to make a pocket in front for a large tag.
Cut two borders out of the designer paper from the Delicate Borders die, one from the Border Essentials and one from the Ornate Borders and Pockets die (for the tag).   Glue the borders on and cover edges of the two Delicate Borders with some pretty ribbon, tie a bow and glue it to the top left back panel.  Stamp, die cut and color the Window Box Fillers, the car, plane, happy birthday banner, greenery, and palm trees. I used Copic markers for everything except the flowers and greenery, I sponged them with Cantaloupe, with Summer Sky and New Sprout Memento Inks. I stamped and die cut an extra propeller for the airplane and popped it up.  My flowers were formed and filled, blue with Prills and cantaloupe with Stickles for centers.  I used some "tiger eye" baubles as fillers with my flowers. The car and pane and popped up with foam tape.  For my tag, I stamped the sentiment with teal onto designer paper and cut it with the Large Oval Die and the mat with the Small Ovals. I cut a rectangle 4" X 3 1/8" for my tag and made a coordinating second layer for it and then glued the Ornate Border to the top, glued the ovals on at an angle and then glued my flower spray at the top.
Thanks for visiting today!
Robin

Psalm 19:14

14 
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart

Be acceptable in Your sight,

Lord, my strength and my Redeemer.

7 comments:

Janine said...

Another work of art and fun too with all those vehicles and modes of transport

SussiPoppins said...

Hi Robin, these sure are cute cards...love the scooter. Inky hugs

Susie Williams said...

How wonderful are these cards!!!! Mate I'm starting to think you never sleep and on the rare occasions that you do, you dream of making sensational cards. Before I found out you were my sistah from anudder mudder, I wasn't a big fan of the colour orange....now I love it to bits! Xxx

craftieodmae said...

Gorgeous!

CherylQuilts said...

WOW! Robin, I am probably starting to sound like an old record (haha, even that is now retro, right?), but your cards are absolutely amazing, and I am struck by your creativity and ALL the fabulous details. Your coloring is perfect, and I really love those old cards and plane! What gorgeous decorative dies, and I love it all!! Hugs and love, precious friend! xoxo

Patricia Manhire said...

WOW love both these cards. Your colour combination is fabulous and you have such an eye for details. I always enjoy looking at your projects.

Jan's Paper Flowers said...

I just love your beautiful creations Robin. You have such an amazing eye for color.