Pages

Comments are welcome and very much appreciated!

Thursday, March 10, 2016

DRS Challenge #217-Cut It Out!

Good mornings!
I love cutting stuff out don't you?
This week's challenge is to have something on your card that has been fussy cut.

Today I used DRS stamps: 1116K Three Wooden Crosses, 714F Earth's Saddest Day, and 762F Medium Script Happy Easter The folding accordion style card and it's border is from Elizabeth Craft Design
I fussy cut my crosses.  I wanted them to be standing again an embossed sunrise background.  I embossed the blue and then added the yellow stitched circle (My Favorite Things) for a sun in the left bottom corner. I wrapped a piece of the ribbon that I wanted to use around the other two panels, around Jesus's cross and popped them up from the background.
On the other two panels, I stamped my sentiments and sponged the edges with yellow.  I added the little heart on the first panel (it was in the package with the accordion card die) and wrapped the tops with ribbon then made my bows.
I then folded and glued all my tabs together to make my card as you see it.  The insides fold opposite the frames.
To see more inspiration for the "fussy Cut" challenge and/or to submit your own creation, click HERE.
Thanks for visiting today!
Robin

2 comments:

Stacy Sheldon said...

This looks so amazing, one of these days I have to get over the fear of these dies... they are just about as scary in my mind as fancy folds haha. :)

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Robin! This is absolutely gorgeous and such a wonderful Easter card, reminding us of the death and resurrection of our Savior! It's so beautifully done with these amazing dies and your artistry! I am in love with the Elizabeth Craft dies and the lovely embossed overlay! You are so amazing, sweet friend, and you continue to delight and make the most beautiful card! Wow! Hugs! xoxo