Pages

Comments are welcome and very much appreciated!

Thursday, April 28, 2016

DRS Challenge #224 It's A New Day

Good morning!
Time for a new challenge.
Our challenge today is to make a card and use the word "DAY" in it.
It's as simple as that!


I made my background with what I call a dip and drag method.  I spray some inks (I mostly use Dylusions) onto a piece of foil or a kraft sheet, spray with plenty of water (the inks are very intense) and then dip my cardstock panel into it and drag it off.  If I don't get full coverage just dip it again.  The ink is so watery that it flows and mixes together creating a pretty background and different every time.
I then stamped and colored 3 balloons and cut them out to use on my sunrise/sunset sky. I stamped the sentiment with the word "day" in it with VersaFine ink because it is so nice and black (VersaFine is pigment so you have to be careful not to use it on glossy unless you will emboss it).  Each balloon is at a different height using layers of foam tape.  I used a cloud die on vellum for a bit of extra interest.
The last thing I did was to add black stitching all the way around my decorated panel and mount it to a folded white card.
To see more inspiration please visit the DRS blog site.
You will find a Linky there for your own creation.
One more thing...there is a sale going on until April 30th at the DRS online store HERE.

Thanks for visiting today!
Robin




2 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh my, Robin, what a gorgeous card, and your hot-air balloons are amazing and so beautifully colored! And what a perfect vibrant sky and the doodled border! Hugs, sweet friend! xoxo

Janine said...

Lovely card - like how the balloons pop right off the card. Must have a play with the background technique.