Pages

Comments are welcome and very much appreciated!

Friday, April 15, 2016

ODBD April Reminder

Good morning!

Today we are taking a look back at Our Daily Bread Designs April Release, here are the cards I created.  For more inspiration using the April Release be sure to visit the ODBD Blog.

This first card uses the new Dresden Quilt stamp and the All Mothers stamp set.   I also used the Log Cabin quilt die (for the sentiments), the Double Stitched Squares, Squares, and Layered Lacey Squares.

Because I wanted this to look like a baby card, I used the cute Swiss dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug) and colored in baby room colors (they are actually a bit softer than this photo).  It just screams baby girl to me! My first born was a girl and I loved things like this for her crib.  The All Mothers stamps set has every family name for women and they fit perfectly in the small rectangles of the Log Cabin Quilt die.

For an extra card today, I made this Star Quilt easel card.
The quilt dies are so fun to play mix and match with and the new papers are like going into a fabric store and seeing all the calico prints perfect for quilting.
I love the colors too! Soft sagey/aqua green, peach, and tan, and an assortment of other lovely colors for a real homey feel.
On this card, I used the Beautiful Borders die as a lace trim and mitered the corners, the Squares and Double Stitched Squares, Star Quilt, The Cozy Quilt paper Collection and Grace's Strength stamp set.  
I cut the Star Quilt out of Aqua, very light peach, peach and the Cozy Quilt paper then pieced it the way I liked it.  In the print paper there is a tan as well that I used for my card base.  I cut a square larger than the quilt to mount the quilt to then cut 4 borders and glued them on, over hanging on both ends of each side (necessary for mitering).  Take a ruler and a craft knife to cut through both layers of border then cut away the pieces you don't need, you should be left with a nice mitered frame look.
For the easel to stay open I pop up a layer on the inside to use as a stop.
Thanks for visiting today!

Please hop along with us to see all the beautiful creations made with the April release.

Bread Basket
Dawn * Lori * Robin (that's me)
Julie * Sandee * Cathy * Sabrina 
Diana * Lisa * Melissa (Guest Designer)

ODBD new products used







Eph. 4:1-2 ... lead a life worthy of your calling, for you have been called by God. Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other’s faults because of your love.



7 comments:

Melissa T. said...

Your cards are just lovely Robin, thank you for sharing. :)

Cathymac said...

Gorgeous quilted creations, Robin! Love the baby pastels on the first, but the colors on the second one just made my heart pitter-patter! LOVE! I can just imagine snuggling under this one!

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Oh my goodness Robin! I love these! The first one is gorgeous and girly and perfect for your daughter! She will cherish it! And the second one, WOW!!! I love the color combo and the easel design!!! Love how you did the Beautiful Borders!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Both are beautiful, Robin! The pink & green is so fresh & springy on the first and the blue & coral is lovely on the star quilt.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Robin, you know I LOVE quilts, and you've made some beauties!! I love each card and really love the easel card with the amazing "patching" of colors! Beautifully done, and I'm so glad I got the Bundle this month, because I LOVE it all! Hugs, sweet friend!! xoxo

Marilyn Mathis said...

Love your cards. I do not understand how so much of your Layered Lacy Squares shows on your Dresden Quilt card. I have made that and only the very tips of the edges show under the square. I see that others have matched them too and have a lot more showing than I do. Your cards are beautiful!

Dawn said...

Robin, your first card is so pretty with the pastels, so feminine! Beautiful star quilt too!!