Pages

Comments are welcome and very much appreciated!

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

ODBDSLC276 Anything That Grows

Good morning!!
The challenge is: Anything that grows....with ODBD.  You must use at least one stamp or die from ODBD, Northcoast Creations or Artistic Outpost to join us.  ODBD has a very vast selection of gardening stamps. We can't wait to see your creations!!
Participants have until July 31st to enter the challenge HERE.


ODBD stamps used: A true Friend
ODBD dies: Vintage Borders, Vintage Labels, Vintage Flourish Pattern, Pierced Rectangles, Fancy Foliage
I started by stamping my iris twice and colored with Copics (following a color pattern of real Iris' found on Google) then I added yellow Flower Soft to the centers.   I cut them out and put foam tape on them then set aside while I built my layers.
I used the dies above and also used the Vintage Flourish Pattern die as an embossing method.
I added some white seam binding between layers and made a small bow with it as well.  After stacking and foam taping all my layers then adding my flowers, I cut some Fancy Foliage flourishes and stuck them in under the flowers. Stamped my words and die cut them with the Vintage Labels (that go perfectly with the new Vintage Borders dies) and stuck it up under the bottom flower, glue on one side and double layer of foam tape on the other.
Copic colors are: RV10, RV02, R20, RV04, Y13, Y15, Y35, Y38, BV20 (for shading the white), G82, YG63.

To see more inspiration please visit my design team sisters
Chris and Diana

Prize info:
There will be a $15 gift certificate  toward stamps for one random winner as well as one winner for the Shining the Light Award HERE.

Psalm 138:8


The Lord will perfect that which concerns me; Your mercy, O Lordendures forever; Do not forsake the works of Your hands.
I'm sure you have heard it said "God is not finished with me yet"...well that is certainly true.  We don't have to worry that God might leave us half baked, he will work with us till we see Him face to face.  If we think we have already "arrived" spiritually, He has THAT problem to deal with, spiritual pride.  Be humble and let God keep making us more like Jesus every day!  If we want to be like Him, we have to know Him, if we want to know Him, we have to read His word (everyday).  You can not read it once and think you know it, it is living and active, each time you read His word you find another nugget of truth (which then needs to be digested!!) God is a life-time study, our reward will come, we will know all things when we see Him face to face. 
1 Corinthians 13:12
 12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.





10 comments:

Julie Gearinger said...

Robin, I love your two-tone irises!! The intricate white background is perfect for these beauties:-) Hugs, sweet friend!

wannabcre8tive said...

Robin, your polychromatic iris' are gorgeous. I love the colors and how nicely you blended them. I really like dies you chose to showcase them.

MyDiwa said...

Beautiful irises! Would you mind sharing which Copic colors you used for them?

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a gorgeous card Robin!! Love the two-tone pink and yellow irises!! Your background and design is so textured and full of detail. Stunning my friend!!
hugs,
Chris

Graciellie Design said...

lOVE your coloring. Very unique!

MariLynn said...

Gorgeous!! Love how you colored the iris.

Stacy Sheldon said...

This is just gorgeous Robin, love the depth of color and the texture :)

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Robin, your irises are gorgeous, and I love your coloring! And the card with the way you've layered the dies is exquisite! I love the touch of yellow card stock, and how true - a friend loves at all times! Love you! Hugs, sweet friend!

Michele Kovack said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the pink an yellow Iris' against the white!

Diana Nguyen said...

That is a beautiful species of iris! Would love to have one in my garden. Your creation is stunning as always!