Pages

Comments are welcome and very much appreciated!

Thursday, September 15, 2016

DRS Challenge #244- Inspired By Color

Good morning!
Time for a new challenge at DRS Designs.

Today's color palette

I also used a grass border punch and fence border punch by Martha Stewart, Sizzix grave yard die, and I.O. little ghosties.
I brayered color onto my bg pieces and then stamped the Grim Reaper, masked and stamped the grave yard.  I used a silver color pencil to change the color of his reaping blade and I used bleach to change the color of his had to "bone" white!
The highlights were added with white acrylic paint and I also rubbed the die cut grave yard with metallic Rub-Ons.  The little ghosties have white mist drifting down from them by using a cotton swab with white Distress ink.
I made this an easel card because of the very fun Halloween sentiment that seemed to fit perfectly with this Grim fella and of course it needs a space of it's own.
If you don't know how or have forgotten how to make an easel card, it is very simple and this horizontal one goes like this:
All you need to go with this basic base is a full 4 1/4 X 5 1/2" top decorated and an inside panel of any size but part of the inside needs to be raised up to act like a catch to keep the card open.
Today I used two black pearl halves but normally I will pop up a middle layer with foam tape or dots.

To see all the designer's cards this week and to submit your own entry see below.

To enter, show us your card  by linking it at DRS & please be sure to link back to DRS!  The deadline for this challenge is Wednesday, September 21, at 6:30 pm ET and please link new creations only (no back dated or duplicate entries)We are now limiting the number of entries to 3 per personChallenge entries don't have to use DRS Designs stamps, but if you use them on your challenge card, you'll get an extra entry into the prize drawing.

Thanks for visiting today!



1 comment:

Janine said...

Fun and colourful card