Pages

Comments are welcome and very much appreciated!

Thursday, November 27, 2014

DRS Challenge #150 I Pine For You!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!
Well, the challenge this week is called "I Pine for You"  we are to use pine trees or pine branches in this creation!  I have some die cut trees today covered with white Liquid Pearls and crusted with glitter.
My snowman and bird from DRS is 232H Snowman Bird Buddies, and the sentiment is 229F In The Meadow sentiment from DRS.  I sort of made this hard on myself the way I made the card.  I stamped the snowman image on the bottom of a 4 X 5 1/4 panel then cut a slit at the top snow line (I should have just cut it all the way across, cutting out the bird and snowman at the top). So, I made my trees and glittered them then stuck them through the slit I made...I know, I didn't realize till I got done how dumb that was! It looks the same as if I had just placed the cut out snowman/snow image on top of the tree panel!! Oh well, live and learn! I made frames from an A2 rectangle die set from Spellbinders. There is a bit of Sky Blue Brilliance on the top part of my image panel but you can't see that very well.
Well, I know this is Thanksgiving but I hope you might get a chance this week to join the challenge!!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Robin

2 comments:

Pattyb said...

Robin, I live your Sniwman and Bird.....so cute!
The sentiment fits great! Thanks for sharing

Christine Kiehl said...

oh I like how you gave this card 3D snow drifts! I can't wait to see your future posts and cards! Directly to my inbox!!