Pages

Comments are welcome and very much appreciated!

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Christmas At Our House

Good morning all!! 
Wanted to show a few photos of our usual Christmas decor (part of it anyway). We do garland and Sugar Pine Cones (16"-24" cones) on our windows. I put up my Tole painting (the very little I have left) and our Christmas tree with about 4000 lights and over 1000 ornaments.  Yes, they are 3 and 4 deep on each branch.  Lots of crystal, shiny ornaments that reflect the lights and clear ornaments.  Nothing dark.  It really sparkles at night!

Christmas at our house!
We sometimes have snow too!!! We love it when that happens. This is the front and back of my house.
 This is a Father Christmas I made a few years ago.  I painted the eyes and made his body and outfit.  My sister, Vicki, chalked and fired his face and hands.
I used real fur (from a thrift shop) for the fur trim on his vest, boots and real mink on his hat (Also from a thrift store).
I also glued on all the hair, beard, eyebrows, etc.
There is so much on this guy and part of his outfit it
is impossible to show it all in photos.



The watch is set for 10 minutes till midnight.
The vest is lined with brocade.  The cord, lace, trim etc. is extensive.  The jewelry is all found objects from my mother's jewelry chest or a thrift store except for the cross which was an ornament.
Of course we decorate the rest of the dining, living room too with garland and Pine cones.  We live very close to the large Sugar Pine trees so it is an annual thing to collect some. 
Merry Christmas every one!

8 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow gorgeous father time Robin.
and gorgeous decorations.

happy holidays.

gr karin

Becky said...

What a beautiful tree and that Santa is awesome..Merry Christmas. :)

Stacy Sheldon said...

Robin, this is so stunningly beautiful ( your home) and that Santa is so amazing I do not have the words to express it properly :)

Thanks for sharing, and have a blessed Christmas!

Linda Carson said...

Holy cow!! You made that Santa?! Wow Robin! He's amazing! What a special keepsake for generations to enjoy! And your tree is beyond gorgeous! I hope you have snow!

Susie said...

Robin, you've missed your calling my friend. Start creating these beautiful figures of Father Christmas and they'll be flying off the shelves!

Seriously, it takes a creative mind, skill, and tons of talent to make something like this. He's absolutely gorgeous, and a treasure to pass on to your family. You are truly gifted my friend. Merry Christmas.

Julie Gearinger said...

Wow, is right!! I agree with everyone else- your tree is fabulous as well as your handmade Father Christmas!! Truly gorgeous and so much detail! Have a wonderful Christmas- hugs and God Bless!

stampingbowd said...

Wowzers! 1000 ornaments!!! You are something!!!! Where do you find the energy! I am afraid we had to push ourselves to put ornaments on our small tree at all! After I put on the wooden cranberries my husband actually said to me, "I think we will just have a CAS tree this year!" Ha! We prevailed and it's pretty but no way near 1000!!! You are so talented. Your Father Christmas looks fabulous! ........speaking of Father Christmas....I think I might have to go put on Scrooge tonight!!!

Wanda Cullen said...

WOW!! Your tree and your Father Christmas are both gorgeous! I don't think I've ever seen such huge pinecones before but they fit your rustic decor so beautifully! Thanks for sharing!