Pages

Comments are welcome and very much appreciated!

Friday, April 21, 2017

ODBD Inspiration

Good morning!

This is my card for this week's Inspiration post.  You can see this card and other designer's cards at the ODBD gallery.


I've used the new Rose die along with Rose Leaves, Lattice Background, Fancy Fan, Lovely Flowers stamp set and older release dies, Vintage Borders and Fancy Foliage.


I stamped the oval frame using Wilted Violet Distress Ink and then stamped Happy Birthday inside and cut it out using the Fancy Fan die (I turned it around and cut both sides to make an oval instead of a fan paddle). I then made layers of the Vintage Border dies using purple and white.
I cut several of each size rose petal from white card stock then sponged color from inside toward the outside leaving the ends the lightest.  I formed them with a large stylist and a foam pad then glued the layers together.  I used Stickles on the outside of each petal.   The leaves were also cut from white and sponged with color. 


The other day when I was messing around making backgrounds with some Color Burst I did some of these yellow, orange and Magenta backgrounds for the new To My Friend stamp set with these wonderful dandelions.  I love the way they look like they are floating across a sun bright sky.
I've also used Ornate Borders and Flowers and Pierced Rectangles on this card.


After my background was completely dry I rubbed some magic powder (I actually don't know the name of it) over the surface before stamping with VersaMark and embossing with white embossing powder, to make sure the embossing  powder would not stick to the background.  I also stamped and embossed the sentiment.

Thanks for visiting today!
Robin

ODBD Products used










No comments: