Pages

Comments are welcome and very much appreciated!

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

ODBDSLC285-Spring Has Sprung

Good morning!
Time for a new challenge at ODBD!!
It's April and time for all those flowers to come out...create your own die cut flowers and join us for this fun challenge!!

What is better for spring than flowers, right?
My card today offers a variety of flowers, first on each fan paddle (except the center happy birthday) there are different flowers (part of the April release) but today they are all in the color yellow, and on the bottom (for a card "stop") there is a die cut and formed rose (another of our April releases).

Each fan paddle is cut twice, once in white and stamper on and once in gold, as a line shadow. I secured my fan paddles with a gold brad.
My background was embossed with the new Lattice Background die, using the embossing settings on my Big Shot.
The sentiment is from the Good Day stamp set and die cut with the Vintage Borders which goes so well with the fan paddles. 
This is an easel card.  It starts with white card stock cut 5 3/4" X 9" then scored at 4 1/2" and again at 6 3/4".  Fold both scores inward then unfold to just folded in half. Cut another piece of white 4 1/2" X 5 3/4" and glue to just the last 2/1/2" making sure all edges of the card base and card front are even, now fold last score in again and you have your easel.
On the inside you must have something raised in order to keep the card open in the easel style.
My mother was from Texas and of course we all grew up knowing the song "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" so today I have made my flowers in honor of my mom.


Please visit my design team sisters for more inspiration

There will be a $15 gift certificate  toward stamps (at ODBD) for one random winner as well as one winner for the Shining the Light Award.
You have until April 30th to submit your card to ODBD Blog HERE.

 ODBD Products used on this card


 

Thanks for visiting today!
Robin


for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,


Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

We have all sinned folks, let's face it, we need a Savior and the Bible says that Jesus is the Christ, the Savior of the world and that there is no other name under heaven in which we must be saved, Acts 4:12.
John 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the waythe truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
AND finally, how to attain eternal life:
Go to Jesus in prayer and ask Him to forgive you of your sin and for Him to come into your heart...the Bible says:
Romans 10:9 [Full Chapter]
that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
Find a Bible believing church to attend and start reading His word, the Bible...I would start at Matthew, the first book of the New Testament.





4 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a stunning card, Robin!! I just love the fan your created with the beautiful floral images, the stunning rose, and the added gold. So elegant!!! Gorgeous design my friend!
hugs,
Chris

RaeDeen Bittner said...

Your card is beautiful, Robin! I love easel cards and I really like the way you have made this one to stand straight up instead of being part way down the base! I've never thought to do that. Thanks for the inspiration!! Thank you also for making my heart smile...Yellow Rose of Texas was my Dad's favorite song as well. I played it for him at his bedside while he was in ICU just a couple of days prior to his entry into heaven the end of June. You made my day and I'll probably be humming or singing this the rest of it. Praise God for precious memories!

Diana Nguyen said...

Love the gold framing - but the elegance permeates through all the details!

CherylQuilts said...

Robin, what an exquisite card with the beautiful fan paddles and the flowers! Wow, it sure is lovely with the white and the cream, and your rose is gorgeous! You are the QUEEN of dimension. I love how you've shaped it and even gilded the edges. Stunning with the embossing too. Brilliant and such a lovely sentiment! Hugs, precious friend! xoxo