Pages

Comments are welcome and very much appreciated!

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

ODBDSLC210- Sponging or Stencils week 2

Hello everyone! Hope you had a wonderful weekend and Monday was blessed.
For today's card, I stamped the fishnet in white on white and embossed with white powder and heat gun.  I sponged orange and yellow on then set it aside while I worked on the main image.  I used the Anchor set on white then used a nesting circle die.  I used the same die plus one smaller on brown to make my "porthole" which is popped up.  I then added brass looking nailhead 3-D stickers (Mark Richards).  The sky was sponged but the foreground anchor etc was colored with Copic Markers.
My husband is a Royal Ranger leader (like Boy Scouts through our church) and has a book of knots he uses so I used that to make a couple of nautical knots in the cords.
My sentiment came from the All Occasion Sentiment set, I just trimmed it then cut chevrons on both sides then sponged some yellow and orange on.  
The fishnet panel is also popped up.
Please visit my design team sisters for more inspiration:
To see all the projects created for ODBDSLC210 or to join the challenge click HERE. You have until August 3, 2014 at 8:00pm EDT to join us. By participating in the challenge, you have a chance to be placed in a monthly drawing to win a $15 ODBD Gift Certificate good towards the purchase of stamps in the “stamps column” on the ODBD website, or to be spotlighted on the ODBD Blog at our next challenge. The random prize winner will be posted on the first challenge of each month.
 "This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast..."  Heb. 6:19
"My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus blood and righteousness...When darkness hides His lovely face, I rest on His unchanging grace; In every high and stormy gale, my anchor holds within the veil. On Christ, the solid rock, I stand all other ground is sinking sand.  His oath, His covenant, and blood support me in the whelming flood; when every earthly prop gives way He then is all my hope and stay"  This hymn goes so well and is, I believe, based on Hebrews 6.  I hope you like it!
Come join us at Our Daily Bread Designs!!

10 comments:

Miranda said...

Gorgeous!

Grace said...

This is simply gorgeous Robin! I love the rich colors and the use of the net background, and your circle with brads is the perfect porthole! Love your twine... everything is perfect and your sponging is beautiful!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a stunning card Robin!! I love your bright background with the sponging, fishnet and variations of orange. It really makes your beautiful coloring of the anchor pop!! The verse and song you share are beautiful as well!! Thanks for sharing your talent and love for the Lord my friend!
hugs,
Chris

DJ Rants said...

This creation makes me so happy!! Amazing coloring and sponging in such bright beautiful colors!! Gorgeous!!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Robin, this card is absolutely fabulous! The colors are so rich and beautiful, and I LOVE how you've made a porthole and added the faux-brads! Stunning! And the background is beautiful, along with the great nautical knots! My hubby would have had to do them for me too (he's a sailor)! And we share a love of the Scripture verse and the wonderful hymn! Praise God! Hugs, sweet friend!

MariLynn said...

This card is a winner. Wow! Love how the net looks. I love the little brads around the circle. Looks just awesome my friend!!! Have a blessed day!

Linda Carson said...

Excellent, excellent! Love the bold colors...oh, I just love the entire package!

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is stunning Robin great sponging and fab colours.
Gr Karin

Sabrina said...

I love that anchor stamp, and your making me start to look at the mesh stamp with fresh eyes! Gorgeous card, Robin.

Alshandra said...

Gorgeous card Robin! Love the fish net background and the porthole! Awesome card!