Pages

Comments are welcome and very much appreciated!

Friday, March 25, 2016

ODBD-Looking Back at March

Good morning!
Today we are taking a look back at Our Daily Bread Designs March Release, here are the cards I created  



ODBD stamps: Keys To Happiness
ODBD dies: Double Stitched Squares , Layered Lacey Squares, Squares, Doily, Double Stitched CirclesKeys, Double Stitched Rectangles, Rectangles, Flourished Star Pattern
ODBD paper: Christmas Card Collection 2015
Card details:
I stamped and embossed my sentiment with VersaMagic and Detail Gold Powder then Die cut it with the Double Stitched Circles. I die cut all the rest of my layers from White Linen and then framed the white with gold mirror paper.  My card base is folded white linen A-2 size.  I did use a dot and diamond dot embossing folder on some of my layers as well.
The keys were die cut from a paper out of the Christmas Card collection.
Lots of pearls were added and a sheer white ribbon bow to finish it off.


My next card features: New release stamp: Superstar and favorite Shine On.
Card details:
I stamped and embossed the sentiment same as above card, I also stamped and embossed the stars with silver detail powder as well as the gold.
I used the Double Stitched Stars die to mat each star with gold or silver mirror paper (the stitches REALLY show up well on the metallic paper).
After cutting my layers of white and gold for the card I wrapped my Flourished Star Pattern panel with 1 1/2" white satin ribbon and tied a bow with 1" white satin then I started layering all my stars and sentiment layers on top. Card base is the usual (for me) A-2 folded white linen.
I love the verse on this card!  It shows just a tiny bit how great our God is. 
Psalm 8:3-4
 "When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, The moon and the stars, which You have ordained, What is man that You are mindful of him"
Yet, He calls US all by name too and knows the number of hairs on our heads, for those who know Him, He has written our names on the palms of His hands!
He has created the galaxies and yet He love me and you!

John 3:16New Living Translation  “For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life."  That my friend is love!

 For more inspiration using the March Release be sure to visit the ODBD Blog.

 The links for each designer in today's Hop

Sandee * Cathy * Dawn * Lori * Robin (me) * Julie 
Lisa * Sabrina * Silke * Melissa (Guest Designer)

New Our Daily Bread Designs products used:








7 comments:

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Robin both cards are stunning in gold and white!!!! WOW!!!!

Julie Gearinger said...

Robin, both of your cards are gorgeous!! Love all of the texture from the dies and the white on white is breathtaking :-) Hugs, my friend and I pray that you have a blessed Easter and Resurrection Sunday!!

Cathymac said...

WOW, Robin! Both samples are so gorgeous and elegant! love the metallics with all of the white and every fabulous layer! Hugs, my sweet friend!

Marilyn Mathis said...

Both of the cards are beautiful. I like the first one best though. Hugs

Marilyn Mathis said...

I really love the first card with the gold, pearls and white layers. It is very striking. The second one is a very pretty arrangement of the stars.

Dawn said...

Two beautiful samples, Robin! Your white card is just gorgeous, love all the layers!!!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Robin, these are gorgeous cards, but I really LOVE the first one with the white on white! Wow! I love the embossing and the beautiful doily with the sweet little keys! Gorgeous finishing touches too with the ribbon and pearls! LOVE! Hugs, sweet friend! xoxo