Pages

Comments are welcome and very much appreciated!

Friday, July 15, 2016

ODBD July Reminder Post

Good morning!

Today we are taking a look back at Our Daily Bread Designs July Release, here is my first card using the new You Bless Me stamp set.
I also used the new Vintage Borders die set and the new Ornate Ovals.
I used my old favorite Vintage Labels that match the Vintage Borders perfectly.


I stamped the gladiolas with VersaMark and then used pink embossing powder with a small spoon to cover just the flowers and the quickly tipped it to remove the excess without letting it pour over the leaves, I then used the light green to cover the leaf area.  Because the flowers were already covered, they did not pick up the green...I was going to do just white but did not like how it turned out so went with the soft colors. 
I think it would make a lovely wedding card or special anniversary card.
I did a combination of white linen and white smooth for the layers to get a bit more definition.  My embossing folder is from Cuttlebug; this one works really well for when I want to add elegant pearls.

My second card is made with A True Friend stamp set.  I love the bearded iris and they come in so many colors and combination of colors.  I used a picture of a purple and white iris for this one.  I added some purple shading to the white so it looks a bit more purple than it should, oh well, I still love it!
The "beards" are covered with yellow Flower Soft.
In real life my ribbon matches the other purple much better!
I stamped and cut out this flower then colored it with Copics.  I used a combination of BV00, 01, 02 and V01, 12, 15 in color. The shading was BV20.
I love our Pierced Rectangles and used them for my out layers (embossing one layer with an embossing folder from Cuttlebug).  The decorative layers were cut with the new Layered Lacey Ovals, Ornate Ovals and an older favorite Filigree Frames.

Please visit my design team sisters  for more inspiration 
Hop along with us!
Breadsticks
Lori * Robin (Me)Melissa * Julie Sandee * Cathy 

DawnLisa Sabrina * Diana * Diane (Guest Designer)

For more inspiration using the July Release be sure to visit the ODBD Blog.

ODBD new release products





 John 15:10
If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.

6 comments:

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Oh my goodness! Robin both of these are so soft and beautiful! Just gorgeous!

Julie Gearinger said...

Robin, I absolutely love both of your cards! The first card is so soft and pretty with all of the white and the iris on the second card looks so real :-) You are such an inspiration, my friend!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Robin, these are both gorgeous, and I love the white on white with the soft pink! Luscious! And the second one with the iris is stunning with your beautiful coloring! Gorgeous! You are an inspiration, my sweet friend! Big hugs! xoxo

Cathymac said...

Both cards are just gorgeous, Robin! That first card is so elegant with the soft colors…this would make a beautiful wedding card! Your iris is colored to perfection…love the flower soft on the stamens…so clever! Love every card you make, my dear encouraging friend! Hugs!

Diane said...

Hi Robin, Both these cards are beautiful. I love the white on white with the pink and green embossed gladiolus. Your second card is just as lovely with the beautifully colored purple iris. Great design work.

Dawn said...

Robin, your embossing is perfect, beautifully done!!! And beautiful iris too! Beautiful samples!!!