Pages

Comments are welcome and very much appreciated!

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

HYCCT Ornament card

Hi friends,
I did this card for the Hope You Can Cling To challenge at SCS. Also for the sketch challenge.  The Hope cards will be shipped to a special cancer hospital in Texas for friends and family to use for their loved ones who are fighting cancer.  I've been doing at least one a day which is why I haven't been real good keeping up with my blog.
I overed cardstock with aluminum foil and ran it through the cuttlebug with my snowflake embossing folder then used Pool, Stream and Wild Plum Adirondack alcohol inks to color, splattered it with white acrylic paint and added 3 large silver brads to each side then I glued this panel to a silver folded A2 card.
For the rest I used foil paper. I die cut the Elizabeth Craft Designs ornaments out of silver and backed with with die cut turquoise and dark pink.  I added glittered white pearls to the turquoise ornament and gold liquid pearls to the pink ornament. I splattered the tops of the ornaments with white because this is an outside tree of course and it IS snowing. Next I die cut a pine bough from green foil paper and splattered with white.  I then cut a smaller turquoise panel and used alcohol inks on it then splattered it as well.  I glued all my pieces on and used scrap pieces of silver to make hooks for the ornaments. Mounted the ornament panel to silver fil paper then glued it to the card.  A lot of steps but really fairly easy.

No comments: