Pages

Comments are welcome and very much appreciated!

Thursday, January 23, 2014

So Sorry

Well, I don't really enjoy sympathy cards as it usually means something has happened to make someone sad and this is the case here.  A family just lost their daughter after a battle with disease.  The Tea Potters on SplitCoast Stampers are sending the family cards and this is the one I made for them.  It is an easel card, making it easy to display the front and inside at the same time but it folds up nice and flat for mailing.
The stamp set I used is from Eureka! Stamps but I've had it for a very long time so I'm not sure if it is still available.  The dies are from Spellbinders and Our Daily Bread Designs.
I used Copic Markers to color this image.  The image has a frame around it which I cut off and the I'm so sorry sentiment is part of the rose image not a separate stamp.
1 Thes. 4:14-18 "For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus....that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep.  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with a trumpet of God.  And the dead in Christ will rise up first.  Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air.  And thus we shall always be with the Lord.  Therefore comfort one another with these words".

1 comment:

CherylQuilts said...

How beautiful, Robin! I love the rose across the sentiment with GORGEOUS coloring and beautiful papers! And the sentiment inside is touching! It will surely bring comfort! Hugs, sweet friend!