Pages

Comments are welcome and very much appreciated!

Thursday, July 16, 2015

DRS Challenge #183- Color Challenge

Good morning!
Time for a new color challenge at DRS Designs!


DRS stamps used: 437G Circle Lily,  and 203B Just Because.
I stamped my circle lily on white and colored with Copic markers.  I added the dots to make it a Tiger (or Leopard) lily like we have here in the Sierra Nevada mountains.  I used a stitched circle die (Die-namics) to cut it out using the "out of the box" technique then framed it with a new decorative circle die (from Spellbinders).  I also used an oval die from Spellbinders for the sentiment and colored the inside before removing the die.  the outside of the oval is sponged with yellow.  The white background is embossed with an embossing folder from Cuttlebug and has tiny white Liquid pearl dots on each cross section (hard to see, I know). It is framed by an orange mat about 1/8".  I used a border punch under the sentiment and topped it with a pretty yellow/orange sheer ribbon and yellow button.  My outside is a stitched frame die from Die-namic (My Favorite Things) as well and is framed with a dark blue mat about 1/16", then mounted to a white folded card.  That's it!
I hope you can join in the fun of this challenge.  To see all the designer's samples and to submit your own sample, where you could win a prize, click HERE.


No comments: