Pages

Comments are welcome and very much appreciated!

Friday, January 15, 2016

Our Daily Bread Designs January Look Back

Good morning!
Today we are taking a look back at Our Daily Bread Designs January 1st Release, here is the card and the project I created. For more inspiration using the January Release be sure to visit the ODBD Blog.

This card is different from my usual colorful cards, I wanted to do something in gray tones, white and silver.
 ODBD stamps: Wishing Well, Wishing Words
ODBD dies: Wishing, Stitched Ovals, Double Stitched Rectangle, Leafy Edged Border, Flourished Star Pattern
I started this card with two panels 4 1/4 X 5 1/2 and embossed each with a different folder, cut one with the curved plain Leafy Edged Border then glued it to the bottom of my brick embossed panel and die cut both together with the Flourished Star Pattern outside stitched die.  I then cut another Leafy Edged Border using one of the decorative edges for my border between the two different embossings and glue it down.  I stamped my Wishing Well and die cut it with one of the Double Stitch Rectangles and cut the second Double stitch rectangle "frame" out and glued it on.  The Wishing Well was colored with Copic Markers in both warm and cool gray tones and a "grounding" done with cool gray tones.
I dyed my ribbon to match and was extrememly happy to find gray pearls in my stash!  These were together mounted on a card folded base.  I now stamped my sentiment and die cut with the Stitched Ovals and die cut my "Wishing" from a print silver.

I also did a book marker with the Bible Journal stamp "Your Mercy"
This second one is with a slight variation (I sponged the edges with Sky Blue Brilliance Ink).  I'm not sure which one I like better!!

I hand cut my tag after tracing a store bought tag  because I wanted it to be longer.
I wanted to use some bright happy colors for this tag (which I gave to my hubby because he loves book markers!!).  This stamp is very easy to color and you can use any number of color combos...I love it! I used it in my Bible and used it for a tag...I think I will make some gift tags now...I have lots of friends at church who would love a book marker like this!
You could also mask off the scripture reference and use this anywhere in your Bible, or Planner, Calendar, diary..you get the picture!

Be sure to visit each designer to get some GREAT inspiration!! 
Sandee * Cathy * Julie * Lori * Robin T. * Dawn * Robin C. (You are here!)

ODBD products used:



6 comments:

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Hey Robin! I love your bookmarks! So pretty! But that white and gray card is absolutely gorgeous my friend! WOW!!! I LOVE IT!!!

TLady said...

Robin your bookmarks are BEAUTIFUL!!! I did order the Bundle of these! ;) I can't wait to use them! (Concentrating on Valentines right now...)I think BOTH of your bookmarks are FABULOUS! I can't choose which one is better....it's just a matter if you like more color or not! LOL I'm SURE you are RIGHT in that the ladies at church would LOVE THESE!!! ;) I also LOOOVE your "hand cut" shape for the bookmark!!! ;)

Dawn said...

How perfect to use the brick ef and the wishing well! Lovely card and great bookmarks too!

Robin said...

Love your mono-tone Wishing Well card, stunning, really!! Beautiful design! I like both bookmarks, love the coloring!

Kelley said...

Robin, this is so pretty in the gray tones!! I love how it turned out! The bookmark is so awesome too!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Robin, the white and gray color combination is gorgeous with this wishing well! I am in love with it! And all the added texture is wonderful, along with the gorgeous and luscious bow! Wow! Stunning, sweet friend! Hugs!