Pages

Comments are welcome and very much appreciated!

Thursday, February 11, 2016

DRS Challenge #213-All Warm or all Cool

Good morning!
This week the challenge is to use all warm colors or all cool colors.
My card today is all cool colors.
I've used DRS stamps: Woven Plaid 613P  and 1096L Leprechaun Gold Guard. My gold is actually very light yellow green with some silver metallic dots to give it some shimmer so officially I did not go over to the warm side.
Here is the color chart that Julie put up on the DRS Blog site.
I did the A-2 panel with my plaid then cut out a frame for the outside and popped it up. I then cut the inside a bit smaller to show some white and glued it flat to the base.  I colored and cut out my image with a die.  His pants have the same basic plaid colors as the background (I drew the plaid on with pens).  I cut out some shamrocks with a die and tied a nice sheer green bow.
To see all the other samples from the other designers and to submit your own creation, click HERE .
Thanks for visiting today!
Robin


2 comments:

Sue said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!! Incredible colors for the plaid that I almost didn't see his plaid pants!! Lady, you rock!!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Robin, what an adorable card, and I especially LOVE the plaid! I just love the colors you've used and always your wonderful coloring too! Definitely have to check out that plaid stamp! Hugs, sweet friend, and keep warm!