Pages

Comments are welcome and very much appreciated!

Sunday, November 12, 2017

Tags for Christmas

Good morning

Today I have some Christmas tags to share.
I decided to do some of these tags because a good friend of mine from SCS has been after me to get involved with Loll Thompson's 12 Tags of Christmas for a few years now. My friend Nancy Stislow (Stiz2003 from SCS) is such a wonderful tag maker!

This first one has a background made with reinkers and alcohol, shimmer, and glitter.  I die cut the trees and bird from I.O. out of white and sponged with Antique Linen then die cut the deer from Penny Black from gold mirror card stock. The Merry Christmas at the bottom is from Memory Box.

This background is the other half of my first tag only I stamped gold words (Stampington & Co.) on top then spritz with shimmer spray.  I then used stencils and gold and silver paste for the background trees and the snowflakes.  The gold mirror tree is from Sue Wilson and the Deer is an Old Sizzix die on silver mirror.

The background on this tag is alcohol inks in water marbling technique then stamped with silver (Old D.O.T.S. stamp).
The deer is from Dee's Distinctively and the tree is from Sizzix.  The tag is an old Sizzix die as well.

The background on this tag is from spraying Dylusions ink onto kraft sheet, spray with water and dip card stock in then sprinkle Kosher salt on until dry and then it brush off.  The trees are Cottage Cutz and Memory Box from white glitter paper. The deer set is Memory Box.

LOL, this background is the shaving cream marbling technique...the reason I laugh is because it is very odd looking for a sky but, oh well.  The deer is again Penny Black, the mountain is I.O., the trees are Penny Black, I punched the moon.  I stamped Peace (Stampendous) at the bottom with VersaMark and clear embossed.  I sponged Opaque White (Hero Arts) for shine on the black die cuts.

This was another marbled background but I stenciled rays over it with silver Lumiere paint. I used Aged Silver embossing powder to do the edges and sprinkled some on the tag as well.  I stamped words (Stampington & Co.) with silver. The die cut is (part of) the Nativity die from Our Daily Bread Designs and the star is from Memory Box.

This background is also alcohol inks in water marbling. Stamped in silver (Renaissance Art Stamps) and then I clear embossed snowflakes (Penny Black) on the background as well. The trees are Memory Box out of white glitter paper and I punch the moon again.

My last tag today is done with Oxide Inks and water then spritzed with shimmer.  Clear embossed snowflakes (Penny Black) then die cut the large snowflake out, glued acetate to the back and did and inlay with white glitter die cut snowflake. This is called a floating inlay, my friend Nancy did one last year with the Sizzix tree which looks a lot better than this because it is more of an outline and you can see through so much better...see it HERE she also gives a link to the artist she got the idea from, Catherine Pooler.

5 comments:

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

These are just over the top gorgeous. I don't make my own tags, but you've inspired me.

Susie Williams said...

It's so hard to type with a broken arm.....well...I think it's broken, I fell off my chair as the screen opened to reveal these incredible tags. Mate I have a desk littered with these tags for Loll's challenge....nothing, absolutely nothing comes close to your beautiful creations. I am in awe of your talent my sweet sistah from anudder mudder. xx

Janine said...

These are all so beautiful - hopefully the tag will be enjoyed as much as the gift - great work

Helen Gullett said...

Robin.... these are amazing and beautifil tags! I love the deer woodsy theme :)

Loll said...

All your tags are so beautifully designed, Robin. Love the mix of techniques and colours you've used. So happy that Nancy convinced you to join my tag event this year ... LOVE all your tags!! Thanks for joining in. xx