Pages

Comments are welcome and very much appreciated!

Tuesday, August 27, 2019

HC Candy Cane Poinsettias and Carolers

Good morning!
This paper works so well with the stamps and dies
I love how they just mesh so well!
I also used the Diamond Die in a different way, 1 vertical
and 1 horizontal to make a square (sort of square).

There is a bit of torn white paper for snow under their feet.

HC PRODUCTS USED      

Other Products:
White cardstock, red Pan Pastels, White Liquid Applique, ribbon, 3M foam tape, Copic Markers: R21, R17, R29, YG05, YG17, C3, C5, C7, Y38, YR04, RV00, RV10, E51, Silver Delicata

For more tips on creating with the flower shaping molds, watch the tutorial at https://youtu.be/FSdPL7nXvQE.
Instructions:
Card size: 6 X 6”. Fold 12 X 6 white cardstock in half.  Cut a piece od red decorative paper 5 7/8 X 5 7/8” then glue it to the front of card.  Cut a piece of candy stripe red and white decorative paper 5 3/4 X 5 3/4" then glue it to the red on card. Now cut 2 white Petite Pocket Accents and 2 white Eyelet Diamonds.  Cut 2 red Diamonds one size smaller than the white Eyelet Diamonds. Glue the red Diamonds to the white Eyelet Diamonds.  Glue white Petite Pocket Accents to top and bottom with half circle facing toward the center of card.  Use foam tape or foam sheet to pop up Diamond sets.  Adhere one set of Diamonds horizontally and one set vertically to form a sort of star.

Cut the Candy Cane, With Love at Christmas Time rectangle out then mat it with more red paper 3 1/8 X 4 1/8”.  Mat again with white 3 1/4 X 4 1/4".  Glue all the layers together then pop up in the center of the “star”.  Tie a small bow with red and white ribbon then glue it to the top of the sentiment panel.

Stamp Christmas Poinsettias and Holly on white with Silver Delicata, die cut and use the mold  to form poinsettia blossoms (see video).  Once completely dry brush a tiny amount of red Pan Pastels onto the tips, keep flowers basically white.  Layer 3-4 blossoms together then glue red/green Prills in the centers then glitter with Crystal Clear.  Glue 2 blossoms to each side of sentiment panel.  

Stamp Carolers on white with Black, die cut then color, add a little Liquid Applique onto the furry parts of the hat then heat to puff up.  Add a bit of Dries White and glitter to the snow at the feet of the penguins then pop up onto sentiment panel.  It takes a few layers of foam to make penguins level with the card base.

Thanks for visiting today!
Robin

Psalm 40:2 New King James Version (NKJV)


 2 He also brought me up out of a horrible pit,
Out of the miry clay,
And set my feet upon a rock,
And established my steps.
This is what God did for me.  To paint a picture,  He took me out of a pit where I seemed to be sinking lower and lower until I found myself up to my neck in muck.  I cried out to the Lord, I asked for His forgiveness and believed that Jesus died for my sin and rose again , that He is the son of God.  He became my Lord and my savior.  Then He lifted me out of the mucky pit and washed me clean and dressed me in clean fresh clothes and set me in His wonderful, warm, loving light.  Finally I was out of darkness, I could see, I was set free.  He has blessed my life ever since and is with me always.
God loved me even while I was full of muck and sin, an enemy of God.  Do I love my Lord, you bet I do, more than anything else.  I can't imagine life without Him in it.
This is what God has done for me and much, much more!!


3 comments:

Patricia Manhire said...

I love the traditional feel of this card with the vibrant red. Your penguins are coloured in beautifully too!

Jan's Paper Flowers said...

Love how you used the diamonds on this Robin! Of course, your coloring is awesome and your poinsettias are gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Your card is stunning but what caught my attention is your testimony and bible verse. I needed that