Pages

Comments are welcome and very much appreciated!

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Speedy Fox & Friends Challenge #214 Vintage

This week's challenge at Mark's Finest Paper Speedy Fox & Friends is VINTAGE.  Anything Vintage will work for this challenge, so get your stamps out and start stamping!!!
I used Big Boy Toys and Plywood stamp sets to create this card. I have a time piece embossing folder that I used and some old token pieces from a transit line (I used one here). To finish it off I used some decorative brads, some copper wire that I shaped and some twine.  Just have some fun and create a card! There is a prize given out each week.
This is one of my favorite stamp sets because it is so fun to color.   I love old trucks and cars!
One of my favorite places to visit close by is Bodie Historic State Park.  If you ever come to Central California you must visit Yosemite National Park and if you get to the east side of the sierra (just east of Yosemite) go to Bodie.  It was left as it stood in the late 1800's early 1900's after the gold was played out.  People left everything.  Old wagons and even cars out in fields now part of the landscape. Product still on shelves in the general store...furniture still in place...you get the picture.  There is also an old gold mill still there where you can go on a tour (guided by a man dressed in the "time period" and speaking as if he were actually working there at that time) and see  Fascinating!!

4 comments:

Stampsnob. said...

Gorgeous card Love the old truck....................Lis

wannabcre8tive said...

Robin, your card is fabulous, as always. I also love this old truck and you have colored it beautifully. I like the clock ef you used. I have been to Yosemite and the wonderful store you teach at. Bodie State Park sounds very interesting, too.
Have a great weekend.

Kathy Bradley said...

Very pretty vintage card, Robin. I like all the elements you've added! Bodie sounds awesome.

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is gorgeous Robin, love it.

gr karin