Pages

Comments are welcome and very much appreciated!

Monday, February 2, 2015

Woodland Fairy

I thought that I had better share this card on my blog since my wonderful son saw it posted on Facebook, shared it,  then told people to visit my blog. He is such a sweetie and probably one of my biggest fans! I have to say that my adorable husband is also my biggest fan!  So, here we are, I did this kind for a Tea Potter's challenge on Splitcoaststampers.  First, I printed my digi stamp image the size I wanted it to be (Digi by Make It Crafty).   She is colored with Copic Markers and fussy cut.  I then stamped the large, viney tree from Beeswax and colored with Copics then fussy cut out.  Lastly, I stamped the large mushroom from Tiddly Inks and colored then fussy cut.  My background piece was done a few weeks ago when I was doing another challenge.  I sprayed Dylusion inks on a kraft sheet (you can also use a piece of aluminum foil for this process). Then you spray a bunch of water on the inks and drag your cardstock (or watercolor paper, which this is) through it, saturating the paper. I then poured some Kosher coarse salt on it and let it dry on it's own (no help from a heat gun or hair dryer).  The salt needs time to soak up the color.  After it is dry, I brush it off and iron it out flat.
I glued my tree and mushroom to the background and then popped the fairy up.any white paper left on the images were colored to match the background. I finished this card off by painting her wings with Stickles Crystal and dabbing a bit on the background on the salt marks (sort of like fireflies).   She is looking up at some crystal beads.
I hope you like it and thanks for stopping by!
Robin 

No comments: