Pages

Comments are welcome and very much appreciated!

Thursday, April 9, 2015

DRS Challenge #169-Birthday Blues

Good Morning!
Today starts a new challenge at DRS Designs!!
I have made this cute, different fold birthday card since the challenge is Blue Birthday.

This is called a Square Joy fold card.  The base is 6 1/2" X 4, scored at 2 1/2" to make a 4 X 4 card.
The inside/outside smaller card is 3" X 6" scored at 3" to make a 3 X 3" card.  When closed, you can add a small embellishment on the bottom left to keep your card closed (I used a double layer of foam tape to make the embellishment high enough to get the tip of the smaller inside/outside card in and out easily).  I used the new Rest of your life sentiment (385F Best of the Rest), inside the 2 1/2" flap and the 365B Hey Cupcake plus 1145B Enjoy Today on the inside of the small inside/outside card.
Now, decorating the outside of both the base and smaller card, I used the 463D cupcake with 1081A Happy Birthday for the top of the small card.  For my embellishment "hold", I used a button with floss tied in a bow on top of circle die cut cardstock.  The other decorations are my confetti of sequins and some rick rack. I added a white back to my base so that it matched the white trim on the small card top.  So my finished card size is 4 1/4" X 4 1/4".
To see the other design team samples and to join in the challenge, please click HERE.
Have a great day!  Robin

No comments: