Pages

Comments are welcome and very much appreciated!

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Little House-ODBD

Here is another project the my husband wants to keep!
I made this for a fellow ODBD designer when she was featured stamper on Splitcoaststampers!
I used all Our Daily Bread Designs dies, paper and stamps for this double display fold card, which you can also find at our Daily Bread Designs.  I will give you the links here.
I also used the double display fold card.
I used the two sheets of wood/morning glory sheets of 6 X 6 paper to do all the middle section then used the brick work paper to do the bottom and solid cardstock for the eaves/roof. Tan for the under layer and white for the die cuts laid on top.  Pearls halves were used to embellish.  I made my windows with the cross section of the window die and with rectangle nesting dies.  I made the door with the same window die, cutting off the sides and top and making new sides and top with a rectangle die.  The umbrella was scored at the points and folded back then filled with foliage and pre-made flowers.  I stamped the morning glories, colored and cut out to embellish the two sides (I wanted the morning glories growing over part of the windows.  I also used a small left over piece to go over the door frame at the top (the other part of the morning glories are on the paper).  I stamped the sentiment and oval cut then glued to the window frame.  The gate is cut from white and glue to one of the folds. I cut three strips of tan cardstock (the eaves color) and made stairs (I used some Copic color for shading to make it look more like stairs).  The grass, butterflies and tiny flowers are punches.  I used some decorative piping for curtains and made the spray on top of the door with pre-made heather and a purple bow.
This little house was really fun to make and my hubby just loves it...he says it's not going anywhere!
Andy (my husband) is always ready to help with ideas and gives me his honest opinions on projects.  I have been DONE before and he will say, well, you could use a little.... Always good ideas and most of the time, if possible I try to do it.  BUT, as he knows nothing about stamping, sometimes he wants what isn't possible...If only I could get him to make all the things he thinks of!!!
I'll tell ya what though, when I come home from a scrapbooking event, he does all my journaling.  Yes that's right ladies, my hubby journals for me!!! Now, if I could just get him to write my blogs for me, I'd be set! Ha!
I hope you like this "card" as much as we do.  Have a great weekend!
Robin

2 comments:

craftymaggie said...

I just love your card, it's unique, whimsical and creative!

creativeinspirations said...

WOW! awesome card I love it. it's very elegant..