Pages

Comments are welcome and very much appreciated!

Thursday, May 5, 2016

DRS challenge #225-Hot Trends-So Distressed!

Good morning!
Time for a new challenge at DRS Designs!
The challenge is to distress: (use any image, paper, technique, die cut, but add some distressing..think tearing, distressed edges, grunge, splatters, sponging the edges, etc.)
DRS stamps used: 325L Jumping Fish and 1103D Hooked on You

I stamped and die cut my image then colored it and got out my handy dandy distress tool (by Tim Holtz) and roughed up my edges.  I die cut the next size up (Spellbinders A2 Rectangles) from Kraft and distressed the got a piece of corrugated stock and inked the edges (I slightly inked the edges of all layers).  I cut a blue layer about 3 2 sizes bigger and then cut and folded my Kraft card last  (I roughed up all edges including the card base).
Before gluing my layers together, I got out my piece of burlap and cut some off the unraveled a bit from all sides.  I took a strand that had fallen off the main piece of burlap (it was long) and wrapped my image panel then tied a knot carefully as it is not as sturdy as twine (twine would have looked the same in case you want to make a card like this).
Now this part you can NOT tell my sweet hubby...I went to the garage and took one of his handmade flies, cut off the hooked end and glued it to my knot on the image panel.  Ok, you are sworn to silence!  Don't feel too bad for him, I think because I rarely go fishing anymore, he took all my lures and flies and put them in with his!
This card would be perfect for most any guy and you could change the sentiment to fit the occasion.
Speaking of sentiments...almost forgot, mine is popped up and I added a square copper brad to the end.
Thanks for visiting today, to see all the challenge samples, please visit the DRS blog site.
You can also submit your own distressed creation there.
Robin

No comments: