Pages

Comments are welcome and very much appreciated!

Thursday, May 12, 2016

DRS Challenge #226-It's A Guy Thing!

Good morning!
Time for another DRS challenge!!
Any masculine card!!
I used tool dies from ODBD and the A2 Rectangle Nesting dies from Spellbinders to make my frame.  I then covered it with foil and die cut to match, embossing at the same time.  I used a metal working tool to make an even better impression then rubbed black acrylic paint over it and wiped off the excess...it mostly stays in the crevices.  I rubbed metallic copper Inka Gold on it and then some patina color paint as well.  I added some torn stripes of duct tape (hubby's) and then set it aside until I finished my inside image and sentiment.  I stamped it with VersaFine Black and heat set then used a bit of color pencil to color the tools slightly, added some duct tape to the corners and then die cut it to be smaller than my frame...I wanted some black to show around it.
I will stamp a Father's Day sentiment on the inside ( I think this would be perfect for my hubby as he is in construction.).
To see all the other samples for this challenge please visit the DRS Blog
You can also upload your own submission there,  There is a prize given out each week to one random winner.

1 comment:

Carol said...

I just love this card! I would like to try it for my brother...not sure as I am a beginner. Great idea though.