Pages

Comments are welcome and very much appreciated!

Thursday, June 16, 2016

DRS Challenge #231-Color


Good morning!
Time for a new challenge-Color!
My card today is for a dad...thinking of Father's Day coming up and
 lots of "dad" birthdays going on in June and July, I made a guy card.


The medium teal color did not get used but all the other colors are represented.
I used a die (ODBD) for the apron, added eyelets and a different pocket on the front so that the sentiment would fit better.  I added fiber for the apron strings and faux stitch lines with a Copic multi liner.  The edges are sponged with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
My card is apron shaped.  I put the die on (a folded piece of 5 1/2 X 8 1/2) the edge at the top hanging over about 1/8" so that the top would not cut, now I have an apron front and back.  I scored about 1/2" down on the back side only so that it would open easier 
since I put eyelets through the top. 
My mitt is strung through the apron tie and glued in place so that it doesn't end up lost.
For more information about this challenge and to see all the other designer samples, please check out the DRS blog site HERE.
Thanks for visiting today and I hope you all have a great weekend.
Robin

2 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Robin, what a fun card for a guy! I love this apron and the wonderful sentiments! Hehe! Yes, most of our guys are the masters of the grill, right? Love the mitt and the fork. Great color challenge, my friend! Big hugs! xoxo

Sue said...

This is absolutely adorable! Oh wait, I need to be more manly about this...