Pages

Comments are welcome and very much appreciated!

Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Heartfelt Creations Cardinal Birdhouse

Good morning!

How about a birdhouse this morning?
I used a Manzanita branch from our yard and then added some branches 
from the Merry and Bright collection at the ends.  I glued some real pine
cones on as well as used some stamen for berries.
I had some crystal beads on ribbon to make icicles on the house,
lots of snow pen with glitter for snow.




HC PRODUCTS USED       

Other Products:
Beaded ribbon, white card stock, half gold beads, small pine cones, manzanita stick, Marvy Snow Pen, Chip board, Copic Markers: Yy31, Y32, RV00, RV02, RV04, E33, E35, YG11, YG05, Birdhouse template found on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/506232814335282715/ enlarged to 125%

For more tips on creating with the flower shaping molds, watch the tutorial at https://youtu.be/FSdPL7nXvQE.

Instructions:
Project size is approximately 6 1/2" X 5 1/2" X 5” including branch. Cut house out of white card stock using the template copied onto paper. Cut it out of decorative paper as well except for roof and floor.  Cover a chipboard coaster with decorative paper.  Glue decorative paper to cardstock and put the house together (use glue for strength). Hand cut a frame for the door.  Cut scallop border from Border Essentials to cover all edges and corners.  Cut a fence border from Border Essentials for all the way around the bottom.  Glue house to base (covered chipboard) and then glue roof on.  Cute scalloped border from the Window Box Elements several times for the tiles on the roof and glue tiles onto roof.  Glue beaded ribbon (found in the notions section of a fabric store) to underside of the roof all the way around house for icicles.  Glue branch onto base (I also wired it to the house).  Add rock candy stamen to the sides of house (like plants) and also glue a grouping in front of branch base.
Stamp, die cut and color the branches and the Cardinals and Holly using black ink on white card stock and Copic Markers to color.  Stamp, die cut and sponge color on the Poinsettias and Holly leaves using Magenta Hue and Fern Green ink on white card stock color with Orchid Brilliance and Leaf Green, then form using the mold (see video).  Glue some stamen (hot pink) to holly leaves in about 3 or 4 sets, let dry.  Use the Snow Pen to add snow to holly and berries, branches and pine cones, add glitter before heating to puff.  Add glitter to poinsettias and Prills to the centers of poinsettias.  Glue branches, Cardinals, pine cones, holly and berries to Manzanita branch then add poinsettias to Manzanita and to the little house front and left side near corner.  Glue piece of branch and poinsettia to lower right side of house to finish.
Thanks for visiting today!
Robin

Matt.25:34-40
34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home. 36 I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me.’
37 “Then these righteous ones will reply, ‘Lord, when did we ever see you hungry and feed you? Or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 Or a stranger and show you hospitality? Or naked and give you clothing?39 When did we ever see you sick or in prison and visit you?’
40 “And the King will say, ‘I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters,[f] you were doing it to me!’

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness Robin I saw this post on the HFC weekly email and my jaw hit the table. This is so stinking cute! I love bird houses and this is just too cute with the HFC stamps and dies. Nicely done my friend.

Jan's Paper Flowers said...

Wow Robin, this is one gorgeous work of art!!! Stunning!!!

Patricia Manhire said...

WOW - that is just so gorgeous and different. I loved how you incorporated nature to your house!

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW this is stunning...especially love the roof of your house
Cheers
Dr Sonia

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful!

Colorado Springs Solar Panels said...

Veryy nice post