Pages

Comments are welcome and very much appreciated!

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Heartfelt Creations Squirrel Family Shadow Box Card

Good morning!

This momma has her hands full, eh? So many children and look, 
one of them is trying to steal a pie!





HC PRODUCTS USED       

Other Products:
White Card stock, black card stock, Distress ink-Tea Stain, 3M foam tape, Pearlescent Purple Brilliance ink, Copic Markers: RV02,RV10,RV04,E53,E51,V01,V12,V15,R20,R21,R22,YR18,E99,E97,C0,C1,C2,C3,C5,C7,B00,B02

For more tips on creating with the flower shaping molds, watch the tutorial at https://youtu.be/FSdPL7nXvQE.

Instructions:
Card size 6 1/4 X 8 1/4”  Cover black box with decorative paper and also glue one 6 X 6 piece on the inside before putting box together.  Construct box placing and gluing foam between each layer at the bottom so that layers stay apart properly.  Cover layers at the bottom with curved ground cut from decorative paper using the Fleur Border Basics plain edge die.  Cut a black Festive Holiday Die cut and a black cottage base shadow.
Stamp Squirrels, squirrel cottage, acorns, blossoms, bird bath, birds, and fence with black ink on white card stock, die cut and color with Copic Markers.  Stamp Cottage Lane flowers and leaves using Rose Madder, Majestic Violet, and Fern Green then sponge with Pink Peony, Pearlescent Purple and Leaf Green and die cut.  Stamp Wildwood Florals with Tiger Lily and Buttercup and sponge with the same and die cut.  Shape flowers using the 3D mold and the Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit.  Insert Stamen and add Prills to the tiny flowers.
Starting with the back of the box, decorate with the squirrels and blossoms until you get to the outside then glue your cottage black shadow down to left side of box and also the Festive Holiday die cut.   Glue the cottage base to shadow and the window frame layer. Pop up the mama squirrel and shelf.  Pop up fence along the bottom and glue the little squirrel reaching up so that it looks like he is trying to reach the pie.  Arrange flowers and acorns at the top and add extra beaded stamen at each end of the arrangements.  Add Nuvo drops as well to the ends. (Glitter all flowers before or after gluing to box).  Glue a 6 X 6” piece of decorative paper to the back of box to keep it together.

Thanks for visiting today!
Robin
Psalm 91:14-16
The Lord says, “I will rescue those who love me.
    I will protect those who trust in my name.
15 When they call on me, I will answer;
    I will be with them in trouble.
    I will rescue and honor them.
16 I will reward them with a long life
    and give them my salvation.”

7 comments:

Susie Williams said...

Oh wow, this is super duper fabulous mate. I missed your creations while I was away.

Unknown said...

Robin, I bet you really had fun with this one. You got squirrels from evgry where. It is a fun and beautiful card. I really enjoyed it.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, wheeee! Robin, this is probably my favorite ever! Hehe! I love the darling squirrel family and how you've created their sweet little house filled with flowers and such beautiful details that I could look at it forever! Your work is so amazing, sweet friend! You are so gifted, and I am so blessed to call you friend! Thank you for sharing your gifts of beauty and creativity with us!! Hugs and love! xoxo

DJ Rants said...

What a fabulously fun scene, Robin! You've put these sweet images together into a wonderful garden of cuteness!

Anita Kejriwal said...

This is Amazing. You always come up with such wow projects .

JD/ Jill said...

So fun and adorable! It would take me a year to make a card like this (and of course, it would never be as awesome as yours!)

TLady said...

SUCH an ADORABLE CARD, Robin! It makes me think of the Old Woman in the Shoe! LOL ADORABLE IMAGES & BEAUTIFUL DISPLAY!!!! ;)