Pages

Comments are welcome and very much appreciated!

Friday, September 25, 2015

September Mid Month Reminder

Good morning!
This is a reminder of all the great stamps and dies released mid month September...enjoy!
New release Pretty Posies die from ODBD were used to make my pine cones on this card.  I cut the medium and small size out of brown twice and sponged on some darker brow ink around the edges then cut them into sections.  I used a forming tool (large stylist) to form the fronts and backs.  Glued the sections together moving downward as I did to create long cones.
Other products used on this card were ODBD paper- Blushing Rose; ODBD Peaceful Poinsettia die; ODBD Fancy Foliage; and ODBD Christmas Mini stamp set.  Miscellaneous products, Spellbinders A2 Basic matting (the frames), ribbon, candy dots (red berries) and Prills (flower centers). See the original pine cone tutorial here.

I used white mulberry paper to cut out 6 of each size for the posies. I dipped the ends in spray ink watered down and let them dry then scrunched them up at the centers and glued them together making 3 sizes of very full flowers.  I added some sheer white ribbon to the bottom of the flowers.  I made my window frame by cutting the same size as my window hole out of black then drawing around the die with pencil and cutting it out.  The border is a little different as I had to cut it from my black layer then cut the shape (die provided in set) from the white window layer, the under embossed layer (embossed with ODBD Boho background die) and then the raspberry and turquoise layers.  The bottom layer is an embossed layer (embossed with an embossing folder).

Today we are taking a look back at Our Daily Bread Designs September Mid Month Release. For more inspiration using the September Mid Month Release be sure to visit the ODBD Blog.


To see the other designer's samples:
Sandee * Lori * Grace * Julie * Cathy * Amy * Paula * Chris 
Robin T. * Angie America * Dawn * Robin C. (that's me) * Diana

Products from ODBD:


 
 









8 comments:

Angella D. Crockett said...

Girlfriend, you are a machine!!! One beauty after another....I don't know how you work and still create so many cards each month!!! What I love about your creations is that they are all so different and creative....and gorgeous!!!! HUGS!!!

MariLynn said...

Blown away by your lovely pinecones. Awesome job as always!!!

Cathymac said...

These are both gorgeous, Robin! Love how you used the posies to make your pine cones and then turned around and created such gorgeous flowers for your second card! Love how the ribbon is woven around the poinsettias on the first card! Amazing projects! Hugs!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Robin, these are gorgeous, and I especially love the first one using the dies to make pinecones! Yikes, you are creative! Just love them...and you! Hugs!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Both of your cards are beautiful, Robin!!! I just love them both but the one you made with the pinecones you made with the flower dies is my fave!! So creative and gorgeous!
hugs,
Chris

Robin said...

Great idea to use the Posy die and make pinecones! Both cards are beautifully designed!

Dawn said...

Clever, clever you!! Beautiful samples... pinecones! Whoda thunk!! And mulberry paper!!! I have to see if I have any in my stash!!

Unknown said...

Love the use of the posie dies to make the pine cones!!! That is so creative!!!! The movement with the use of the bow is fabulous too!!! Very pretty!!!