Pages

Comments are welcome and very much appreciated!

Thursday, August 11, 2016

DRS Challenge #239- Shake It!

Good morning!
Time to shake it up with this new challenge from DRS!


Instead of using a pre-made shaker case, I decided to make a free-form shaker.
I stamped my Sandcastle 090G and Sea Grass 128L and then used some cloud dies to
 cut out my hole in the sand.
I colored my image and used torn paper towel and a sponge dauber with Sky Blue Brilliance ink to color the sky and make clouds,  I then covered the back with heavy acetate (from some die packaging) and then I used (in this case) some Fun Foam found, in the kids section of a general craft store, to make my "box".
I cut a small rectangle that would be just slightly larger than the free-form cut out from the Fun Foam and glued it to the acetate with heavy duty tacky glue to make sure it did not come apart.
Now that I had my shallow "box" I filled it with some 4 in 1 Seashells 473F that I colored and cut out and some sequins.   I added chunky glitter and even some chunky embossing to make a sand looking element as well. I then covered the entire back with card stock making sure I added a good glue line all the way around the box part to seal it.
I then added  my Umbrella 817G, which I colored in a bright beachy rainbow and fussy cut, and Hugs 4 in 1 Words 670D that I colored the sand color and die cut, with foam tape. 
That's it!  I hope you will join in the fun!!  There is a prize every week!
To see all the samples and to submit your entry, click HERE.
Thanks for visiting today!
Robin


1 comment:

Stacy Sheldon said...

The shaker is so cool and ad's so much to this Robin :)